The magnificent Megan of All I Need is Everything bestowed this terrific award on me. She does one of my most favorite blogs on the internet -- the perfect blend of fun, personal, and thought provoking. I just love it when she posts something new -- it makes my whole day. So for her to honor me with this -- I feel just like Sally Field, but even more surprised and flattered. Thank you so much, Megan!
The rules for the award are as follows:
Each Superior Scribbler must in turn pass the Award on to 5 most-deserving Blog Friends. You must link to the author and name of the blog from where he/she has received the award.
You must display the Award on your blog and link to THIS POST, which explains the Award. Each blogger who wins The Superior Scribbler Award must visit THIS POST and add your name to the Mr. Linky List. That way, they will be able to keep up-to-date on everyone who receives this prestigious honor. You must post these rules on your blog.
But choosing just 5??? That's tough!!! As far as I'm concerned, all the blogs on my list and that I follow are award-worthy. Some of them make me laugh out loud, some get me teary, some make me envious for all the amazing photos or cool things they post, some inspire me... and ALL of them are my favorites.
But I'm going to play by the rules. To make things easier for me (after all, I AM AN AWARD WINNER AND SHOULD HAVE A LIMO AND A TIARA, THANKYOUVEDDYMUCH), I am going to exclude any blogs from anyone I've met in person, lest anyone think I'm biased. (They already know that I'm their fan, anyway.) And I'm going to go with blogs that are heavier on the writing side. (Though I'm in love with the photography and music and collecting blogs on my list, too.) So that said, here are my Superior Scribblers:
1. MONKEY MUCK. My friend Dr. Monkey delights me daily with his political musings, his cooking tips, his glimpses into his every day life, and his awesome 1970's menswear photos -- all done with brilliance and humor. I'm happy to have this monkey on my back.
2. CURLY WURLY. This blog KILLS ME. Maria finds the most wonderfully outrageous Mid-Century photos and articles, but it's her commentary that nails it, all done with aplomb and humor and I love her for it.
3. THE GIRL CAN'T HELP IT Biting, sarcastic and funny as hell, Fast Eddie's Retro Rags makes me laugh out loud each time I read her blog. She doesn't know me from Adam, but I wish I could have a cocktail (or 6) with her.
Oh man, how can there be only TWO left????
4. LOVE, ELIZABETH Sigh. I love this blog so much. Each time I click and begin to read, I feel as if I'm starting a lovely novel that I don't want to end. I savor every word, and can't wait for the day that I can read Elizabeth's words bound and on paper.
5. OUCHEBA So smart, so witty, and I always find myself yelping with laughter. And he doesn't have comments enabled (as far as I can tell, but I'm a luddite), and so many times I've wanted to tell him how much I love his blog. So here's my chance.
Again, thank you, Megan, for such an honor. I love doing this blog and for you to recognize me is such a thrill, you have no idea. Oh wait, you do -- you're an award winner, too!
And here's another award winner I love:
I feel totally Accomplished.