Sunday, January 11, 2009

Thank you!

I just wanted to take a quick detour and thank everyone so much for your comments on my last post -- you guys are the best. You make me feel like a natural writer.

And does anyone else have that thing where you think of a good zinger comment AFTER the fact? That's how I feel about my 16 things, because I thought of way better ones. (And have promptly forgot them, too.) But FYI:

* Little Richard bought me lunch once and it was AWESOME and he totally did that "Ooohhh WEEE" thing.

* One time I sat next to Leatherface's stunt double at a Hollywood brunch. "Don't you recognize me?" he asked. When I shook my head in a panic (was I supposed to?), he proclaimed, "Darling, I'm LEATHERFACE!" He had also worked as Peggy Lee's personal assistant for a while. "Sweetie," he said to me, "That bitch's thigh was as big as my TORSO." I LOVED HIM.

Leatherface200
He didn't really look like this. He was wearing blue contact lenses.

* I have never seen The Lord of the Rings movies, and now I won't because it's a matter of principle.

I just thought you would all like to know those amazingly fascinating things. But really -- I want to say thank you. Just doing this blog -- and all the encouragement I've gotten -- has been the best motivation to write and keep it going. Y'all are the wind beneath my wings. Whatever that means.

And now back to blogging. OOOOOHHH WEEEE!

9 comments:

Dr. Monkey Von Monkerstein said...

You never cease to amaze me. In a good way that is.

oucheba said...

You're the Queen of Awesomeness.

Sparkleneely said...

Why thank you very much. It's good to be an amazing queen. ;)

Megan said...

You are welcome.

But you must watch LOTR. Really, you must! Pleeeease?

Andy Murdock said...

I won't watch Titanic as a matter of principle, so I can sympathize. Except that LOTR is awesome.

Maria said...

1) I'm completely with you on LOTR! You stick it to 'em, kid!

2) Little Richard?! That's the coolest thing I've ever heard, and I think we all need to know what you ate!

3) The picture of Leatherface makes me shudder.

Andy said...

Oooooh, I think I may have a FEW secrets of yours tucked away...xo

Sparkleneely said...

Megan -- I've heard it's awesome (so says Andy M. and everyone else) but now it's too late. I can't do it. And I'm sort of scared of Hobbits.

Andy M., yeah, I saw Titanic, but when HBO had it for free or something. (My ex saw it in the theater and told me he had to pee the whole time. Talk about a stunning review.) I must admit, I liked the clothes. And I must admit, I'm dumb enough to have hoped that the SHIP WOULDN'T SINK. DUH. Plus I wonder when the great romantic epic tale of THE HINDENBURG will be made, too.

Maria -- ha! It was at a crummy diner called Ben Frank's on Sunset Blvd. I was sitting there, waiting for my friend who was in the process of standing me up, and suddenly about 13 guys dressed like MC Hammer came in and surrounded me. And then there was LR in A CAPE. Since they all sat around me and even at my table, LR footed my bill, too. I was totally freaked out, but I talked to him and thanked him and he was all, "WHOO EEE, GIRLY!" It was awesome.

And someday I will tell you the story of when Harry Dean Stanton parallel parked my car for me because I was SO BAD AT IT. ;)

Andy -- oh YES YOU DO. SHHHHHHH!!!!!

Anonymous said...

I thought you might like to know about my experience with "Leatherface", have I told you this one? Back in the olden days of Beta movies, Eric taped over OUR WEDDING VIDEO with the original texas chainsaw massacre movie (complete with comercials) but didn't tell me. Imagine my surprise. Yep...love leatherface.